Café das Velhas (Old Ladies Coffee)
Loaf of bread (4 slices)
Egg yolk (30g)
Egg yolks (300g)
Yellow sugar (150g)
Semi-skimmed milk (1 L)
Tofina (kettle coffee) (22g)
Pitted black olives (60g)
Mix the milk and egg yolk, wet the bread and fry.
1. Beat the egg yolks with 75g of yellow sugar.
2. In a pan, add the other 75g of yellow sugar, 22g of coffee and 1L of milk and bring to a boil.
3. After the milk has boiled, add it to the previous preparation (step # 1), stirring constantly.
4. Bring to the heat until it thickens, then let it cool.
5. Beat the cream with the help of a blender and serve.
Place the olives in the oven at 60ºC for 2 hours, then grind with the help of a blender or a food processor (the machine must be completely dry, otherwise it will not be powdered).
by chef Rodrigo Castelo
CTX Liqueur Wine